title

fire chief's random developer tidbits

Monday, January 23, 2012

Netbeans code templates

Apparently since Netbeans 6.9, code templates can insert the current class name, and I just found out now that 7.1 is out.  So one template I use all the time I named "logger" and now that I found this feature, I can make the template be:
private static final ${loggerType type="org.slf4j.Logger" default="Logger" editable="false"} logger = ${loggerFactory type="org.slf4j.LoggerFactory" default="LoggerFactory" editable="false"}.getLogger(${classVar editable="false" currClassName default="getClass()"}.class);

Then just by typing "logger[tab]" in inserts:
private static final Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(CurrentClassName.class);

and it even adds the imports for org.slf4j.  Nice!

This is a great little timesaver.  They have a couple in there for java.util.Logging already (logr and logr).  I need to go through the templates again.

1 comment:

  1. And the eclipse equivalent is
    private static final ${loggerType:newType(org.slf4j.Logger)} logger = ${loggerFactory:newType(org.slf4j.LoggerFactory)}.getLogger(${enclosing_type}.class);

    ReplyDelete